Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Focus and Purpose Prayer






Focus and Purpose Prayer


Good morning, Lord. Thank You for the morning and quiet time to spend with You. I so thoroughly need it.
Help me REALLY make today Your day and not give it lip service. Help me mean it all day long, moment by moment, not just right now as I say it (hence, the lip service). After all, today is the Lord's Day. It is not mine, Abba. Help me not to live as though it were.
I pray these verses to You, Lord.


Psalm 19:12-14 / Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
12 Who perceives his unintentional sins?
Cleanse me from my hidden faults.
13 Moreover, keep Your servant from willful sins;
do not let them rule over me.
Then I will be innocent
and cleansed from blatant rebellion.
14 May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You,
Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.  
-- HCSB: Scripture quotations marked HCSB are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.


Lord, let everything I think, say, plan, and do be of You and Your Word alone. Holy Spirit, please help me hear Your promptings when I am getting off-track and help me to respond immediately. All I want to do is live for the purpose and glory of God. Help me to do so--today, moment by moment, and every day hereafter.
I also pray these:


Psalm 139:1-4 / New American Standard Bible (NASB)
For the choir director. A Psalm of David.
139 O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
3 You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O Lord, You know it all.
-- NASB: Scripture taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1960,1962,1963,1968,1971,1972,1973,1975,1977,1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.


Lord, what sweet verses to remind me of Your goodness, love, and care. You are here with me and in me. You are always present and are all-seeing, all-knowing. I am never, ever alone. Oh, Lord, how sweet and wonderful You are.
I also pray these:


From "Believing God" by Beth Moore


Week 1 Memory Verse: Hebrews 11:6 / Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
6
Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exists and rewards those who seek Him.
Lord, help my unbelief and teach me to believe.


Week 2 Memory Verse: Hebrews 11:3 / Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
3
By faith we understand that the universe was created by God’s command, so that what is seen has been made from things that are not visible.


Faith. Belief. Help me draw forever nearer to You and your Word. Help me make Your Word part of my life every moment.
Abba, You are so good to me--and have been all the days of my life, and will be.
Thank You for the enormous blessing of You.


(Image credit: Stacy Duplease 2010-2014.)


No comments:

Post a Comment