Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Journaling daily: A lesson learned the hard way




A lesson learned long ago, and the hard way, about journaling was to journal immediately when I go through a rough patch in my life. Journaling helps me get through the difficult or dark time. There have been times in my life when the pain is so acute because of a situation that I have not journaled--and I regretted it deeply later. I've had to pay for it, as a matter of fact. I seem to have the God-given talent for making things far more difficult on myself than they need to be in the first place. Hence, when I journal through these times, I am able to gain a clearer, fresh perspective, where I can think more with logic ad lean less on emotion. 

Therefore, I've learned to journal through the tough stuff--as well as through the sunny days.

During the sunny days, the happier ones, I tend to get so focused on them that I put off journaling and then only journal when I can fit it into my schedule. This bites me as well because I am only journaling part of the time and missing a lot of journaling material in my life. 

Journaling, for me, is a daily MUST do--and I journal all day long as I do whatever it is I am doing. It makes life simpler, more focused, and I leave my legacy in the meanwhile. 

JOURNALING EXERCISE:
How about you? How often do you journal and what happens when you don't journal? 

~ Stacy Duplease

(Image Credit: Stacy Duplease) 

No comments:

Post a Comment