Monday, April 14, 2014

Day 4, Part 4 Daily Bible Reading and Thanking God for His Word






Day 4, Part 4 Daily Bible Reading and Thanking God for His Word

 April 10, 2014, Thursday, 339 p.m.

Would you like to join me for a Bible study and thank and prayer through of the Book of Romans?
If so, please let me know, even if it’s years from now. Attach a comment at the end of any blog post or send me an email. Let’s pray for another, and support each other, as we go through this book—and for this year of always giving thanks. Let’s discuss this with one another.




I’ve decided I will begin with my new yearly Bible reading of reading the Bible all the way through in a year (or so), starting today. I will first read, study, pray through, and thank through, the Book of Romans. Needless to say, this marks the first day where I will try to find five things to thank God for as I read His Word in my purdy new Bible with the purdy new Bible cover.
I have my purdy pens as well (alright—enough with the purdies!), in eight different colors so I can underline every verse in the Bible if I want. And, I am not exaggerating too much, by the way.
Now, I see the problem with me making a commitment to read the Bible through in a year. I fail miserable at it because I get caught up in a verse like Romans 1, which I could study, meditate on, pray back to God, and ponder for several days.
GUIDELINES: I have no idea how long it will take me to go through this book, but you go through at your own speed. Follow god’s leading on it. Just make sure to study deeply at least five verses per chapter, pray through each chapter, verse by verse. Pray it back to God. And, thank God for at least five of the verses of each chapter.

I will use these resources for the study of the five key verses, in my opinion and from what God places on my heart:
I love the Bible. It’s the only thing you need to use to get the most out of studying it. Through context, emphasis, word studies, cross-reference studies, asking questions, etc., you can learn most of what you need to learn about the Bible. The Bible is the only tool we really need. I really need.
In verse 1, I see how Paul wrote the Book of Romans. ‘Kay. I already knew that, but it’s nice to have the reminder. Never mind how just reading the name of Paul brings about so many different thoughts.
It’s the next phrase which gets to me the most.
More to follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment