Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Why A Year of Always Giving Thanks and Counting of Blessings



Why A Year of Always Giving Thanks?
Giving thanks is a way to give God glory and praise.
Giving thanks is acknowledging God for who He is and what He has done in our lives--and in the lives all around us. Giving thanks is looking around to see God and His workmanship. It's always being open and searching for His glory.
Giving thanks is something we can do at all times, even as we do other things.
Giving thanks when you are having a tough moment or day tends to make your day a little brighter. It's recognizing He is the most important, powerful, faithful, and loving One in our lives.
Why always give thanks? So we can remember what God has done and we can continually give Him credit for it if we write it down to remember.
Giving thanks takes the focus off of self or circumstances and puts our gaze on Who and what really matters.
Why give thanks always? There's too much to lose otherwise.

COUNTING OF MY BLESSINGS
235 A new day
236 The Word of God to read and soak in, slowly and sweetly, so I can get as much out of it as possible.
237 Christian authors--non-fiction and fiction
238 Another day to do Bible reading and study
239 God getting my husband and I through another bend in the road last week.
240 God speaking to us (B and me)
241 God guiding B and me
242 God's love--it's faithful, never-ending, deep, unconditional
243 God's guidance
244 "Believing God" by Beth Moore
245 The radio/sermon series by Dr. David Jeremiah on worshiping God and knowing Him.
246 My new personal Bible study, "Seeking God: A Godly Vision Bible Study Journey"
247 Using B as much as You do, Lord. Thank You so much.
248 Lord, thank You for putting up with my mood swings as I try to deal with the bends in the road that seem to keep hitting
249 For telling me when to draw back from writing so I can focus on You and the reading, study, and implementation of your Word... So I can ruminate on it and soak it all in over time and not rush through it.
250 My new Bible reading in a year plan. M'Cheyne, round--whatever
251 The heart you've given my husband, Lord.
252 I know You will get someone close to me a new job--and thank You in advance.
253 Thank You for the job that individual in #252 has had the job they have had.
254 Possibilities and opportunities
255 Seeing You
256 For teaching me how to seek You

No comments:

Post a Comment